The primary function of the Community Receptionist (CR) is to provide a welcoming atmosphere for all visitors to The Hunger Coalition. Duties include warmly greeting all visitors, in person or on the telephone; politely answering or referring inquiries to the appropriate department; and respectfully following procedures for support services, data entry and general administrative tasks for Coalition staff. The CR needs to be able to juggle a variety of duties, communicate clearly, effectively and fluently in English and Spanish and maintain a positive attitude.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Has 1 - 2 years of experience working in an office or customer service setting.
- Is fluently bilingual in Spanish and English, with the ability to communicate clearly in both languages.
- Works well with persons of varied sexual orientation, racial, ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds, and with individuals who are differently-abled.
- Has personal experience with food insecurity or a commitment to social justice and/or community service through previous employment and/or volunteer experience.
- Is willing to embrace and work to improve a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion, which is central to the work we do.
- Has worked with Windows and Microsoft Office, and is comfortable working with computers.
- Has strong administrative skills and is highly organized, motivated and able to remain flexible under pressure.
- Has strong troubleshooting, problem solving skills and the ability to overcome technical and non-technical challenges.
- Has strong communication and interpersonal skills for a variety of interactions with people.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administration - General
- Answer phones and provide assistance to participants, donors, volunteers and other staff as needed.
- Monitor and access multiple daily calendars/schedules to facilitate the communication necessary for an efficient flow of business in which The Hunger Coalition operates daily.
- Weekly data entry and support for multiple departments and independent projects.
- Assure that needed supplies are on hand and that office equipment is operating correctly.
Reception – Community Communication
- Handle phone inquiries from Spanish-speaking clients and communicate Hunger Coalition policies and procedures with regard to our services.
- Support pantry distributions by ensuring positive reception of and direction for participants. Ensure proper execution of Hunger Coalition guidelines regarding food distribution and support services.
- Maintain communication with the public visiting our building by keeping all communication media and signage in the waiting area up to date and informative.
SALARY, HOURS & BENEFITS:
40 hours per week possible. Potential flexibility in schedule. Hours extend into the early evenings twice a week. Full time salary is $33,280 - $41,600/hour DOE. Benefits include flexible, fun working environment with staff wellness program. Professional development stipend, group health insurance, matched savings account, and generous personal time off. Specialized training as needed.
The Hunger Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and service provider.
Interested individuals can submit resume and cover letter to https://thehungercoalition.org/about/work-with-us-2/
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Rachel) for more info. For technical questions call Rachel at 208-788-0121.